We collect the following kind information:
1. When you register on our Website or fill a form you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, physical and email address and any other information you provide us.
2. The information we collect may be "personally identifiable" (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or "non‐personally identifiable" (meaning it can't be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described below. We may use or store information wherever SegmentOne® does business, including countries outside your own.
3. Whenever you use our web application there's certain information that gets created and recorded in an automated way. This information we collect includes:
b. Information on the leads participating on your campaigns including information such as: a) name, b) email, c) Social Profile
c. Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you're using SegmentOne® app on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you're using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you're using and its settings.
d. Social Profile. In addition to the core data, we also collect information about the social profile of the user, such as FacebookID or TwitterID. We utilize that data to uniquely identify leads and avoid duplications in our Database. Users have the absolute right to delete all their leads throughout our Web App.
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
1. To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
2. To provide our Services to you and improve them, develop new products, and protect our web application and our users. We continually strive to improve our Services based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
3. To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
4. We also use the information we collect to:
a. Send you updates, newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
b. Respond to your questions or comments.
c. To process transactions.
d. To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
We may combine the information we collect from you with information obtained from other sources to help us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and to help us better tailor our interactions with you.
How do we protect your information?
We are committed to protecting your personal information against unauthorized use or disclosure. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you access your personal information. We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, regulation or legal request; enforce our site policies or protect ours or others rights, property or safety or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. However non‐personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing or other uses. We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
What choices do you have about your information?
If you have a SegmentOne® account, many of the choices you have about your information are built directly into the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
1. Access and change information in your profile page at any time, and choose whether your profile page is available to search engines;
2. Link or unlink your SegmentOne® account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on SegmentOne® to that service.
3. Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we'll deactivate it and remove your content from our Web Application. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
4. You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access our Web application. For example: The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage; To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.